Welcome to WordPress Video Installment #3
You might also be interested in…
This video will guide you through the steps needed to install the WordPress content management system on your own domain or web server.
The five steps to install WordPress…
1. First, we’ll download the latest version of WordPress from WordPress.org.
2. Then, we’ll upload those files to our web server, using FTP.
3. Third, we’ll create a MySQL database and user for WordPress.
4. Then, we’ll need to configure WordPress to connect to our newly-created database,
5. And lastly, complete the installation and setup our new website.
Need more detailed instructions? Check out the WordPress Codex at http://codex.wordpress.org/.
Over your head? Don’t sweat it.
If you find that the instructions in this video are still over your head, don’t worry about it! Send us an email or give us a call and we’ll give you a hand, or simply head over to our good friends at Go Daddy (click the link here)and let them handle it for you. They’ll install WordPress, take care of updates for you, backup your site nightly, monitor your site 24/7 for malware, and provide answers along the way. It doesn’t get any easier than that!